Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Marathon Reading Session


Not only am I addicted to scrapbooking, I’m also addicted to reading. I’ve been a huge lover of books ever since I was a little girl.

My taste in books vary from a bit of Romance to Murder Mysteries. I always say that I like a little romance with my blood, guts & gore. lol My taste in authors varies too….Danielle Steel, Jude Deveraux, Iris Johansen, Kathy Reich, Fern Michaels, James Patterson and more. Plus I'm always on the lookout for new authors.

May Flaum (http://mayflaum.wordpress.com/) got me into reading the Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic series. I enjoyed them so much that I’ve read all the Sophie Kinsella books as well as few that she has written under the name Madeleine Wickham. Sophie's book Confessions of a Shopaholic has been made into a movie and I think it’s coming out in the new year. (I hope it will be available here.)

Not only did May get me hooked on the Sophie Kinsella books, she has now got me hooked on the Janet Evanovich "Plum series" books.

I took me awhile to get started on them as I'm the type of person who likes to read a series at the very beginning. I had found “Two for the Dough” at a yard sale in the summer as well as a couple of others in the series but I didn’t want to start reading them until I read the first book in the series. Unfortunately I had to go on a waiting list at our local library for book one in the series "One For the Money".

Well, needless to say after reading book one, I was hooked. I ordered books 3,4, 5 & 6 from my local library. Wouldn’t you know it, they all came in at once last Thursday along with a Kathy Reich’s book I’ve been wanting to read. Unfortunately they are ALL two week books.

I was reading book 2 when all these books came in. Well, I finished book 2 & 3 and I started reading “Four to Score” last night so now the race is on. I have 1 week to finish reading 4 books. (They can’t be renewed when they are two week books).

With 14 books in the series along with a couple of in between Plum books, it looks like I’ll be reading them for awhile yet.

No comments: