Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another Neglected Stamp Finally Gets Inked

This past summer I found a few stamps that I have always wanted at a yard sale: Santa Collage, PSX Truck and a Star background stamp. I had stuck them in a drawer and forgot all about them until now.

Today I decided to pull out the PSX Truck image and make a couple of Christmas cards with it. The nice thing about this stamp is it makes a nice masculine card. I have always liked this image and was disappointed to learn that it was discontinued years ago. It’s definitely a hard stamp to find and I’m fortunate to have it in my collection.

I stamped the image and watercolored it with my Stampin Up Markers. I’m definitely a bit rusty when it comes to watercoloring and even cardmaking now days but I’m working on it. I matted the image and then added it to the Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossed background. I thought that it needed something in the upper right corner so I added a little red heart-shaped button.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card and the stamp. I'm also fortunate to have this one in my collection, probably one of my all time favorite stamps.

Tami Bayer said...

Love those old psx stamps. This one's a beauty, love how you colored the truck. My dad had one just like this when I was a kid.