Friday, December 5, 2008

Going to the Dogs…

I’m beginning to think that I’m going to the dogs or at least my cards are. lol But then what can I say, I love the Penny Black dog images. They are so cute.

This first card uses an acrylic stamp that comes with several other cute Penny Black acrylic stamps. This set is called “Critter Party” and has 11 images (mice, hedgehogs, dog, cat) along with 2 verses. I purchased this set from Addicted to Rubberstamps during one of their sales. It was definitely worth the money.

This second card uses a Penny Black wood mount stamp that I bought from Addicted to Rubber Stamps in the spring. At the time I didn’t know that it was also available in an acrylic stamp set called “Bubbly” that has 8 other cute animal stamps on it along with the dog. I did end up purchasing the “Bubbly” set because of these adorable animal stamps from Sheila at Scrappin Great Deals. Here's a link to her online store. http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com

I used my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol to watercolor both cards. I then added Glossy Accents to the rose and the tie to give them a 3 dimensional look. I definitely need to continue practicing this technique as I’ve only done it a few times.

2 comments:

Karin Leveillee said...

OMG - love, love, love the dogs. Very nice cards too :0)

MaryNSC said...

LOVE THEM!!!!