Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Mail Day & I’ve Been Blessed!!

Three weekends ago I won the “Santa Baby” Rak during the Fiskateers Online Holiday Crop. I was so thrilled to win this rak as I have a huge addiction to punches. The punches included in the RAK are the XL Squeeze Punch - Cameo Appearance; XL Squeeze Punch - Square-a-licious; XL & Large Squeeze Punch - Comma, Comma Chameleon and the Medium Squeeze Punch - Round 'n Round. It also included the Pop-up Circle Punch and the 1/4 Inch Circle Hand Punch. That’s a total of 7 punches!!! Now you see why I’m so excited!!! Did I even mention the orange Fiskars "Practice Random Acts of Crafting" nylon bag. Not only is it an awesome bag...it also has straps that allow you to wear it as a backpack. Too Cool!

The inspiration for this RAK prize came from the Fiskars Craft site and a card created by Lisa Storms. She created the most adorable Santa “Believe” card using various Fiskar Squeeze punches that you can see here at the Fiskars Craft site http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/projects/t_holiday1108.aspx . The Santa Baby rak gave the winners the punches needed to make our own Santa card using the punches that Lisa did. I am so going to try making this cute card now that my punches are here. I was fortunate to be one of 3 winners of this awesome RAK.

I patiently stalked the Fedex site to track the arrival of this package. Well, it finally arrived on Monday, December 22nd. (I really shouldn't say finally as it was only about a weeks wait from the US to Ontario, Canada). I checked the Fedex site first thing that morning and it was on the truck scheduled for delivery. The Fedex truck usually shows up between 11 – 11:30 am. Of course that day would have to be the delivery day as I had a doctor’s appointment at 11, I was suppose to meet my BF for lunch as well as I wanted to run around and finish up my shopping too while the snow had stopped. Well, the Fedex guy arrived…a little later than usual…I think he wanted to see me sweat. lol Fortunately I only had to sweat an extra half hour as he was here before noon.

I couldn’t wait to open that box and drool over all my new punches. I’ve definitely been blessed by the Fiskateers & Fiskars as well as Kelly Jo for randomly selecting my name to win this awesome RAK.

I’ve been wanting the large Comma, Comma Chameleon Squeeze punch forever as you can make the cutest little birds with it as well as many other out of the box things. I can’t wait to play with these new punches and see what “out of the box” creations I can come up with.

After I finished opening & drooling over the punches for awhile, I headed out the door to get the mail, meet my BF and finish up my shopping. I was also surprised to see that a prize I’d won in the November Fiskars Sighting contest was in my mailbox. I won some beautiful Heidi Grace papers and embellishments. Now I can’t wait to play with my new papers & toys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane,

Just blog hopping through here ....WOW what a great prize pack that you have won.....well done!

Enjoy playing and creating with all those punches......

xoxox
Lyn (Australia)

Bonnie Weiss said...

Well, a rak filled with PUNCHES could not have been delivered to anyone more fitting than "Diane, The Punch Queen"! You are going to have to add an addition to your house, just to accomodate your punches!