Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What’s On Your List of Books to Read?

Last month I finished the last book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I read the entire series (14 books + 3 in between books) during the months of October/November. I really enjoyed this series and can’t wait to read more books in this series.

Recently I had heard about the Scrapbooking Mystery Series by Laura Childs. So far there are 6 books in this series: Keepsake Crimes, Photo Finished, Bound for Murder, Motif for Murder, Frill Kill and Death Swatch (new in 2008). I was able to sign out the first 5 books in this series and just finished reading book 5 in the series. Now I’ll have to put in an order at our local library for book 6 in the series. (For those that do other types of crafts, she has a Knitting Series, Needlecraft Series, Coffeehouse Series & Tea Shop Myteries).

My BF (yes that’s you B) says that I have it bad…not only do I scrapbook…I have to read mysteries books about it too. lol (She’s probably reading the Tea Shop Mysteries and not telling me.)lol

I just finished reading Danielle Steel's "A Good Woman" this morning. It only took me 3 days to read it which is slow for me. I've been reading her books since my early 20's and always enjoy them. Now that I've finished reading it, my mother will read it too. My mother is 84 and is still an avid reader. With this book being a 2 week loan from the library we both usually manange to finish her books within a week.

Next on my list is the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris aka Southern Vampire Mysteries. I read about this series on May Flaum’s blog. She always has such great taste in books and so far I’ve really enjoyed the past series she’s recommended – Stephanie Plum series and the Shopaholic series. I just picked up this book from the library on Thursday and will start reading it today.

I've heard that the Twilight series is really good too! What’s on your list of “Must Reads”?

1 comment:

Bonnie Weiss said...

Blog updates are on my list of "must-reads"! I honestly don't know how you do it...you are so creative and find time to read so many books too. I guess having the attention span of a puppy is why I don't read.