Sunday, January 11, 2009

All Shook Up….

Ok, so it’s a lame title. But in some ways it’s true. I have been struggling and I do mean struggling with the Stampsmith photostamps that I have. Don’t get me wrong, they are gorgeous images and I have seen numerous cards made using these images. I know it’s not the stamps but the stamper…I’m using glossy cardstock, I’ve tried using Versafine ink as well as using Tim Holtz Distress inks and am not happy with the results. My BF also uses Versafine ink on her photostamp images & they turn out beautifully. I have read on another blog where this girl uses Ancient Page inks on her photostamps. Unfortunately, I don't have any Ancient Page ink pads to try. It could be that my Versafine ink pad is too wet (it’s pretty new) and that’s why I’m not getting a good image with it.

So far I’ve mastered Elvis and am happy with the results. It’s a smaller stamp and what I’ve done seems to work with it yet the larger images I struggle with. I guess it’s just a matter of practice and patience.

Here’s a couple of cards that I made with the Elvis stamp, Allegro Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and Basic Grey papers.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: