Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Valentine’s Day Cards

Today I was in the mood for making some Valentine’s cards. Although I really don’t do Valentine’s Day, I enjoy making Valentine’s Cards.

This first card is a case of a card that I found on SCS. I stamped the heart from "A Happy Heart" using Stampin Up Chocolate Chip Craft ink and then embossed the heart with clear embossing powder. I cut it out leaving a bit of a border of pink. I used my SU Dots background stamp and stamped the pink piroutte cardstock using white craft ink. (I used my heat gun to speed up the drying time.) The heart was mounted on a piece of white cardstock and then mounted on a Spellbinder Embossed background using the square dies. I punched two holes in the side where I tied brown grosgrain ribbon and Pretty in Pink Grosgrain ribbon (I didn’t have Choc Chip Grosgrain or Pink Piroutte Grosgrain ribbon). I used dimensionals to pop up this layer.

The second card started out to be a case but somewhere down the creative cycle that changed. I used the Stampin Up set “A Happy Heart”. The x’s and heart’s stamp was stamped twice, once in chocolate chip and then in real red. I cut the hearts out by hand and used my ½” circle punch for the center heart. The hearts were popped up on dimensionals. This I mounted on Chocolate Chip cardstock. I used my Stampin Up Scalloped Border punch to punch a border on the edge of the card. Added a red grosgrain ribbon and the sentiment was stamped in real red too!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Michelle McGee said...

cute cards!

Anonymous said...

Love your Valentine's Cards Diane. I usually don't send them either, But they are fun to make. Your Blog is so nice.

christina #4635 said...

These are cute! I love the second set of cards! Great job!