Monday, January 26, 2009

Yesterday's Fiskateer Virtual CHA Online Crop - Morning Challenges

On Sunday I took part in the Fiskateer Virtual CHA Online Crop. I love participating in these Fiskateer online crops and haven’t missed one since joining the Fiskateers in late April 2007. I really enjoy all the challenges and find that these motivate me to think “outside the box” and do things that I probably wouldn’t do otherwise. Yesterday’s online crop was awesome and there were so many great challenges. Since there is also another Fiskateer Online Crop on Wednesday, January 28th several of the challenges don’t have to be completed until then. Hopefully today I’ll be able to catch up on the challenges that I missed and get them done before Wednesday’s Online Crop.

These are the challenges along with the pictures of the items that I completed:

Sunday, 8am CHA Winter 2009 Fiska Crop {All About the Flair} Challenge and RAK
Make anything paper, sewing, melt art, jewelry, pins, totes, even t-shirts,...anything you want to make that shows our pride at being Fiskateers that love their tools. If you do not have a Fiskars tool use what you do have. You can use your computer to make a badge, blinkie or whatever the imagination brings to you.

Sunday 9AM CHA Winter 2009 Fisk-a-Crop {The Joy of Giving}
My Challenge to you requires you to create a project to give away. So.....get busy creating a project and decide who you will give it to. This can be a wall hanging, a layout to be framed, a mini book, an altered item....just something that you craft with your scraping stash. The more fiskars tools used, the better, but this is just about crafting and giving. I am looking for a new project just created today for this challenge.

For this challenge I decided to create a mini album out of toilet paper rolls. I used 4 toilet paper rolls to make this adorable mini album which will be given away as a gift.


Sunday 10am CHA Winter 2009 Fisk-a Crop {Altered item challenge}
Those of you who know me and what I love to do, know that I am all about the altered items! So it won't be any surprise to you that my challenge today is about altered items. Stick with me, this isn't going to be hard!

So here is the challenge:

1. Search around your house for an item to alter. It can be anything from a recipe box you want to recover to bookend, a lamp, a frame, or a paper towel or toilet paper roll you want to alter into something fun! Anything goes here, so have a blast!
2. Use whatever papers and embellishment you would like! Be creative! Really stretch your imagination!
3. I would like to see you use one Fiskars tool in a creative way on your item. If you don't have a Fiskars tool see if you can create an element to your altered item that looks just like something you would have created with a Fiskars tool!

For this challenge I decided to take one of the DVD tins that I bought last year and alter one of them. I also created a mini album to go inside of it. I used the Cloud 9 "Be Loved" papers and embellishments that I received in the RAK from Rebecca. I love the way that this turned out and since most projects I end up giving away...this one is for me.




Sunday 11am CHA Winter 2009 Fiska-Crop Challenge {Home Sweet Home}
Create a layout, altered piece or a card that reflects the theme of "home".

This challenge I haven't gotten around to completing yet. Although the challenge is closed, I still plan on doing it.

Sunday, Noon CHA Winter 2009 Fisk-a-Crop {Join Me in the Chatroom}
Are you all working hard? There are some awesome challenges, but I think we deserve a break, don't You?

One of the downfalls of doing online crops and having your computer on a different floor than your scraproom is that you miss out on challenges like this one. I was so busy upstairs working away on the morning challenges that by the time I came downstairs to check in on the computer, I had missed this one. lol

Stay tuned for the afternoon challenges. TFS!

No comments: