Monday, February 2, 2009

A Quick Valentine's Day Card

I'm really enjoying making Valentine's Day cards this year. For someone who doesn't usually do "love" cards, I've sure been having fun making them this year. I guess everyone on my list is going to get some "love" this Valentine's Day. I'm also going to give my mother some of these cards to send out too. She sends out a lot of cards during the year so I know that she'll enjoy having some Valentine's Cards to send out too.

I saw this card on SCS and thought that I'd case it. I did change the cardstock color from Real Red to Riding Hood Red. This card was pretty easy to do. I used my new Stampin Up set "Love You Much" that I bought as part of a bundle. You got the stamp set, the new 3 heart punch and a package of Candy Lane Designer Paper. I just love this new set and have been using it a lot in making my Valentine's cards. With 6 different stamps the possibilities are endless. (The bundle deal ended January 31st but the stamp set, punch and paper is in the new catalogue).

Anyways, along with the Love You Much stamp set which I stamped in black & Riding Hood Red, I also used my Cuttlebug Hearts Embossing Folder in Riding Hood Red, black ribbon and dew drops from the dollar store. Black, white and red have already been one of my favorite color combos. I love how it turned out.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Varun G said...

Oh great!!! what a nice post on love. Thanks for providing such a nice article. Wish u Happy Valentine's Day. It would be great if you elaborate it more. Your comment at my will also be appreciated

Bonnie Weiss said...

This is such a classic card, Diane...you did such a good job on it!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!! Love this wonderful valentine card!!

Ziggyeor said...

cute card :D I love the scallop circle and the stamp.

Ziggy