Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Achoo!

Achoo! I’m sure that’s something we’ve all heard a lot of lately. We’ve been fortunately this winter, both DS and I have managed to avoid catching a cold. Now days with my immune system being what it is, I try to avoid being around anyone with a cold. Any virus seems to hit me twice as hard and it takes twice as long to get rid of it.

When I saw this adorable House Mouse image at Addicted to Rubber Stamps, I knew that I had to add it to my collection. I really don’t have any many funny get-well type of stamps. I thought that this stamp would help to brighten up someone’s day when they are feeling under the weather.

There’s a lot of coloring on this stamp so it is a bit time consuming but I love how it turned out. I used my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol to color this image for the first time. I think next time I’ll try using the Copics when my blender pen refill arrives.

I decided not to go with a lot of embellishments as I felt that this image didn’t really need them. I put a small slit in the top of the Kleenex box on the image and fed a small piece of Kleenex through it for a final touch.

I’ll definitely make a few more of these to have on hand.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

2 comments:

Donna said...

This is a very cute stamp and your card turned out great!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Great job, Diane! The colouring and detail are terrific and the 'kleenex' ... just too cute!