Monday, March 23, 2009

Cards for My Mother

Lately I’ve been working on making cards for my mother. Between her church group, friends, lodge group & family, she sends out a lot of cards in the year. I on the other hand, even though I make cards actually have very few that I send out. Mainly the only cards that I do send out are to family and a few friends.

Yesterday I made up 4 (the same) sympathy cards for mom to have on hand. These are very simple cards without a lot of layers and embellishments. I find that the minute you add ribbon to a card, up goes the postage. (It doubles in cost). With the amount of cards my mom sends out, I am trying to keep the postage down to the bare minimum for her.

The black & white sympathy card was done using the Stampendous “Agapanthus Cluster” that I purchased last fall from ATRS (Addicted to Rubber Stamps). This card was cased from one that I saw on SCS. The flower is embossed with Stampin Up white craft ink on black cardstock and then popped up on dimensionals. The verse was from a clear acrylic stamp set that I have. I also made an insert for the insides of the cards and finished them off with a Martha Stewart border punch.
I also made another Easter Card for her. I have to make about 16 of them for her to send out. I’m almost half way there. For this card I used the Stampin Up “A Good Egg” stamp set and stamped the chick on some SU DSP paper from a paper pack. I then cut them out and popped up the egg shell. I also used my Cuttlebug “Swiss Dots” Embossing Folder on the top of the card and more of the SU DSP on the bottom (Pretty in Pink). I then cut a strip of white cardstock 1 ½” x 5 ½” and punched it with the Fiskars “Leave it to Weaver” border punch and the Martha Stewart “Arch Lattice” Border Punch. I then threaded a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock through the holes to give it a pop of color. Hopefully it will fit through the “mail slot” and not add to the postage.I managed to do 7 cards yesterday so at the rate that I’m going, I should have the rest of mom’s Easter cards done in a couple of days.

I hope that you have a great day! Thanks for looking!

No comments: