Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kelly Jo’s Second Chance Challenge

For the past six weeks Kelly Jo (one of the Lead Fiskateers) has been running a challenge a week on the Fiskateers blog. I really enjoyed her weekly challenges and managed to participate in all but one week. Somehow I missed the deadline. Well since there were several requests for a “second chance” to complete some of these challenges, Kelly Jo is giving us a second chance this week.

I just so happened to miss the second week challenge. You can create 2 new cards that You are going to give to those that You love for Valentine’s Day. You must have a ‘Love Note’ inside and there must be at least one heart on your card. We also had the choice of doing a layout too!
I chose to do two cards for this challenge as I wanted the chance to play with my new House Mouse stamps – “Take a Bite Out of Love” and “Love Confetti”. Both were colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I also added Glossy Accents to the word “love” and to all the little hearts.The insides are finished by adding a white folded insert with the Wishing You a Happy Heart Stampin Up stamp that has that dandelion weed image beside the verse. As I kid we would pick them and then blow on them to make a wish. (I’m not sure what they are called.) I also finished off the bottom of the insert by adding the Martha Stewart “Valentine Lace” border punch.

I know I’m a little late for this years Valentine’s Day but I know have head start on next years.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments: