Monday, March 9, 2009

More Chicken Pox Pick Me Ups!!

Well, I sent off my Princess Chicken Pox card to my little great niece Jaden last week only to find out over the weekend that her big brother Jeremy has them too! Not only does Jeremy have them…my niece (their mother) has them too! My niece is also 6 months pregnant!!

Well, since I can’t make a card for one child and not the other….I started working on cards for Jeremy and my niece Natasha. No sooner did I get their cards done and I got word that Andrew, the youngest has them too! So once again I made another chicken pox card. Now I have all 3 cards done they are ready to go into the mail today. Hopefully they will cheer them up somewhat.

For the boy’s cards, I used a High Hopes image “Froggy Gift” colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. The cards are pretty much the same with the exception of Jeremy’s boy has a red shirt & Andrew’s a brown. I added glossy accents to the tongue & slingshot to give added dimension. The paper is Heidi Grace and Stampin Up cardstock too for mounting. Also their cards open differently and of course have different verses inside.

For Natasha’s card I used the “pregnabella” stamp by Stamping Bella. She sure looks cute covered in chicken pox! lol For this card I used Heidi Grace paper again, the blue cardstock is Stampin Up as is the ribbon. I used my Martha Stewart “Doily Lace” border punch, some “dew drops” (actually they are from dollarama), a flower & rhinestone brad.

I’m definitely not a poet but I thought it would be fun to add a cute little “chicken pox” verse inside the cards. This is what I came up with….corny yes!! But then again, I’m definitely no poet!

Natasha’s card has this verse inside:

Roses are red
Violets have dots
Look at poor mama
She’s covered with spots.

Jeremy’s card has this verse:

Ladybugs are red
and they have dots
Look at poor Jeremy
He’s covered in spots.

Last but not least, the verse in Andrew’s card is:

My brother and sister
sure are TOPS
Look what they’ve given me
….CHICKEN POX!!!

I’m sending these out in today’s mail so hopefully they’ll have them by the end of the week. If your reading this Natasha (act surprised!), I hope that you all feel better soon and that these cards help to brighten your day.

Thanks for looking & have a great day!

1 comment:

Bonnie Weiss said...

These cards and ideas are wonderful, Diane, especially the 'pox' on Mama's tummy! That must be one very itchy house!