Monday, March 23, 2009

More House Mouse Cards

One would think that the only stamps that I own are these House Mouse images. Right now I’d have to admit that I’m addicted to the House Mouse images. These images by Stampabilities are just too cute! How can one look at their faces and hilarious antics and not laugh. In my opinion they are one of the best “cheer me up” images.

To be honest, I must admit that in reality I really do HATE mice! I’m not too fond of hamsters, guinea pigs or gerbils although for a few years we had a hamster for a pet. Bats are another phobia of mine…they look too much like flying mice.

DS (he’s 23 now) when he was in grade 3 went through the hamster phase like most boys and just had to have one. Of course all he had to do was bat those big brown eyes at me and I of course caved. It didn’t seem to matter that I hated them and was petrified of them. Of course in the end it was me who had to provide all the care and clean the cage out. Yuck!! I was always so afraid that it would bite me but fortunately it never happened. “Hammy” our hamster had his own car and used to drive (well, roll really) around the living room while the cat chased after him.

The first card I used the “Birthday Cupcake” image. I colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils, I stamped the second image and cut out the mouse so that I could layer him on top of the first mouse using dimensionals to give it a 3D look. I also added Glossy Accents (I love Glossy Accents!) to the candles, noses & tongue. The paper is a DCWV glitter pad I got a few years ago and the verse is computer generated.
The second card was done using the “Splish Splash….A Citrus Bath”. I used the same paper as I did on the cupcake card only this time added a yellow ribbon that I picked up at Michael’s. Once again I used some Glossy Accents on his nose & on the flower petals. The verse is also a Stampabilities House Mouse stamp.Have a great day & thanks for looking!

No comments: