Monday, March 9, 2009

New Stamps

Last week I received my order from Addicted to Rubber Stamps and I’ve been busy playing with my new stamps. I bought several House Mouse & Happy Hopper stamps from Stampabilites. They are just too cute and such fun to color.

I’ve been practicing with my new Copic Markers. There is definitely a “knack” to using them and mostly it takes practice. Unfortunately, I had to give up on the coloring as my Copic Blender Marker has dried up. Since there is no local retailer that carries copics or local scrapbook store, I have to order a refill online and wait for the order to come in. Fortunately the company I’m ordering from is in Ontario and not too far from me so I should have my order in a couple of days. Thank goodness as my BF Bonnie & I split an order to save on shipping from Addicted to Rubber Stamps during their 25% off sale and my new goodies should be in today or tomorrow. Of course among other things, I ordered more stamps to play with it.

This first card is a Happy Hopper image called “Fancy Pants”. This adorable image reminds me of my little great nieces who love to play dress up and walk around in heals. I colored it with my Copic Markers, added glossy accents to the purse, pearls and shoes for added dimension and also used my “Swiss Dots” Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and Martha Stewart “Doily Lace” border punch. The paper is one that I've had forever!!

The second image is from a clear acrylic set I got earlier in the month from ATRS. This set is for Breast Cancer. My sister is a survivor of breast cancer and I thought that this would be a perfect set to use to creating cards for her as well as others. I used markers to color the flower stamp and misted it with water. Added some glitter and pearls.

I'll be back with more cards. Thanks for looking & have a great day!

No comments: