Monday, March 9, 2009

When Pigs Fly!!!

I didn’t know until recently that March 1st was National Pig Day! My poor niece Chantale won’t be too thrilled to learn that she celebrates her birthday on National Pig Day. I recently discovered this little fact while blog surfing. I came across a blog where the blogger not only celebrated it, she made cards for it. She had what she called her “Pig Ladies” who were women who were suffering from an illness or cancer survivors. She made pig cards for each year on National Pig Day for these friends. I loved her idea and thought that I’d create some cards to send to my own “Pig Ladies”.

My older sister is a breast cancer survivor. She was first diagnosed with it in her late twenties. After going through the treatments she was cancer free for 22 years when she was once again diagnosed with cancer last summer. Once again we are so thankful that she is cancer free. Recently my niece’s Mother in Law was diagnosed with Esophagus cancer and has since had surgery and is now undergoing treatments. I am keeping them both in my thoughts and prayers. I thought that a “Pig Card” might be just what the doctor ordered.

The pigs were created with various Stampin Up punches. For the card fronts I used Stampin Up cardstock, my “Swiss Dots” Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and once again my Martha Stewart “Doily Lace” border punch. The ribbon is from Dollarama.

The inside of the card has the verse:

Remember .....

A pig that has wings
Does impossible things!
Over clouds it can fly
In the wink of an eye.

She may tickle you pink
But she wants you to think
Of her message to each –
“Nothings out of your REACH!”

March 1st is National Pig Day

Snugs....that's hugs and snorts!!!

This card idea, verse & punched pig was totally cased. Although it’s late going out to my “Pig Ladies”, I hope that they like the card and the meaning behind it. I know that sometimes just knowing that someone is thinking of you helps to brighten your day. I hope that this card brightens their day.

Thanks for looking & have a great day!

1 comment:

Bonnie Weiss said...

I'm sure the recipients of these cards will smile when they receive them ... very thoughtful of you.