Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Road Trip & Shopping Spree!

My BF Bonnie & I went on another road trip last Friday (April 24th). We went to Kilworth to Scrappingreatdeals. I had said to Bonnie before we went into the store that I didn’t plan on spending much money there as I really didn’t need anything. I had decided that I was going to place an order with another online store for Shimmerz on Monday (today) since Sheila hadn't yet got it in. Wouldn’t you know it, the minute we walked through the door I spotted the Shimmerz that Sheila had just gotten in. Of course both Bonnie & I were grabbing them off the shelf & adding them to our baskets. Lol Besides the Shimmerz, I also bought some “Smooch” and Doodlebug “Crushed Velvet” Flocking to try. I also got some Cardstock that was on sale and a few other goodies. Of course I ended up spending more than I planned on. lolAfter leaving Sheila’s, we headed over to Michael’s. This time I stocked up on ribbon & these adorable little chipboard mini books. Now how cute is that car book?? I have 3 great nephews & 2 more on the way this month so I thought that these car albums would be perfect for the boys. I love the butterfly books too which will be perfect for my 3 great nieces.Next we stopped for a quick lunch and then back to shopping. After lunch we went to Home Sense to have a look around. I love that store & they have so many nice things in there. I ended up buying a 2 tier wire basket that I plan on using in my studio, a wood organizer and a bunch of scrapbook paper pads. I got the most beautiful My Mind’s Eye Wild Asparagus paper pad that is just filled with gorgeous papers. There are 180 sheets in it, 3 of each design. I also got a really pretty Paper Crush scrap pack that comes with 8 solid paper, 12 pattern paper, 4 glitter paper, 3 dividers and 438 punch outs. It was a great deal for $7.99.Last on the list was a trip to Cosco. I ended up buying a Scrapbook Paper Organizer that has 15 drawers that are perfect for storing 12x12 papers. Since it’s on castors, it’s easy to wheel around. I have all my “coloring” supplies stored in it. It’s perfect for storing all my coloring supplies in it. Everything has it’s own drawer, it’s all neatly labeled & all the tools that go with the coloring supplies are stored there too. It makes finding my coloring supplies so much easier. I love it! I also ended up buying a set of 5 Fiskars squeeze punches & an Ott Light too.Talk about spoiling myself big time! But then since I don’t have anyone else who spoils me I have to make up for it by doubling up on the spoiling. Lol

Have a great day & thanks for looking!

No comments: