Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun at Scrapfest - Long Post with Lots of Pics

We left bright & early last Saturday morning (April 18th) to head off to Scrapfest in Kitchener. We arrived shortly after the 9 a.m. opening. It was funny when we got there the parking lot was barely half full. (Bonnie had been to last year’s Scrapfest and said that when she arrived last year the parking lot was full.) I thought that maybe the economy might have had something to do with the nearly empty parking lot...mind you that thought didn't last long.

Shortly after we got inside, the place was swarming with people. The lineups in some booths were horrendous. There were several booths that I didn’t even go into as there were so many people in them. Fortunately I had made a list of which booths I wanted to find & the products that I was looking for before I left home.

I kind of got a little overwhelmed and disoriented when I first got in there. So many goodies & eye candy that I didn’t know where to go first. I had stopped at one booth and found a great deal on the Cuttlebug Embossing folders and bought several that I didn’t have as well as a Sizzix Embossing Folder. After that stop I decided to check the “map” that they gave us & try to find the booths on my list.

First on my list, I visited the Scrapnook a store from Fonthill. http://www.thescrappingnook.ca/retail.htm. I knew from browsing their online store that they had the new Fiskars Border Punches that I was interested in. I recently purchased the Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch & the Effervescence Border punch from Sheila at ScrappinGreatDeal’s & they arrived last week. So now I was on the hunt for the Upper Crest Border punch which, I was thrilled to find at the Scrapnook. I decided against getting the Scallop Sentiment as I already have the Stampin Up Scallop border punch which looks very similiar. I'm not sure if the scallops are the same size though. I also decided against getting the Boundary Waters Border punch as I wasn’t sure that I’d use it. (But then, I can always change my mind now that I know where to find them. lol)I stopped by Angela’s booth (http://www.creativepapercrafts.com/), she has a store in Dundas, Ontario that I’ve been to several times. I wanted to find some “Flower Soft” that I knew she carried. I bought 4 jars of it from her as well as did a “make & take” on it. The girl also showed me how to use the Translucent Embossing Paste with the brass templates again. I bought some of it awhile back and have yet used it.The Town Scrapper from Sarnia was next on my list. I wanted to see if she had any Magnolia stamps and was thrilled to find that she did. Of course I went crazy on them. I bought several of the Magnolia stamps and a couple of the High Hopes stamps as well. She had a special on “if you bought a stamp at regular price, you could buy one of this one shelf for half price”. There were only a couple of stamps that I was interested in on the half price rack and I was thrilled to find two on my “wish/want list” there. I got the “High Hope’s Love Bandit” stamp (wood mounted) and the “Whipper Snapper – Fancy Fifi” stamp (also wood mounted). Both of these stamps are just too cute & I was thrilled to find them.I bought several Magnolia stamps to feed my new addiction. I got 2 from the 2009 Love Collection - Tilda Wearing Hat #329 & Magnolia Tilda with Hat Sitting #330. I did get the bale of straw for half price too! Then I got #277 Queen Tilda with a Frog. I also got the Blessings (#318 Tilda with candle), "Tilda w/ Hood" - winter 2008 collection and “Tilda with Leaf” from the fall collection.I paid regular price for the High Hopes "Danni Dress Up" and the "Willard Weather Ant" stamps and got the High Hopes "Love Bandit" & the Whippersnapper "Fancy Fifi" stamp for half price.

I got a great deal on 12x12 black chipboard that I can use to create mini albums with. I also bought myself a set of Watercolor Pencils. I have a set and they were ok when I was starting out but now I wanted something that was a little better quality. I must admit that I was thrilled with all my purchases as well as a few other items that I didn’t mention.After leaving the Scrapfest we headed over to Michael’s. Michael’s had a 50% off sale on some of their storage items. I bought a Making Memories Wood Desktop Organizer as well as a Wood Table organizer that matches. I don’t have a picture of the table but will take one as soon as I can. The table has paper storage on the bottom, 2 drawers & a 3rd drawer that has a slot for ribbon. The table folds down when not in use and it’s on wheels too!Michael's also had the cutest Cupcake stamps which I couldn't pass up. These must have went pretty fast as there were hardly any left. They also had a line of adorable Fairy stamps that were calling my name too! So of course I had to grab what I could of these too.Then to finish it off, I grabbed a couple of wood saying stamps that I thought were to cute to pass up.Hopefully I haven't enabled you too much. lol Have a great day!

No comments: