Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kelly Jo’s Button Challenge - Easy Travel Sewing Kit

Yesterday morning during my usual morning blurfing, I came across a cute template to make this adorable Travel Sewing Kit on SCS. (Thanks Julie HRR) I thought that this fit in perfect with Kelly Jo’s (one of the Lead Fiskateers) Button Challenge. For this challenge we were to create a layout, 2 cards or an altered item with buttons on it.I decided to give it a try, so I downloaded the template and printed it off. Since the template printed to actual size there was no fussing around. It measures approx 2 7/8” long x almost 3 ¼” wide. I used vellum cardstock for the inside envelope as it is a bit heavier and sturdier than the regular vellum. Unfortunately, I didn't have any vellum adhesive so you can see where I adhere the flaps to create the envelope.

I also used Stampin Up Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink cardstock on the outside of the kit. The flower image is from Stampin Up “Time Well Spent” Level 3 Hostess set (retired). I stamped it in Regal Rose & cut it out. I also popped one of the flowers up on dimensionals. I then added a button to the center of each flower using Glossy Accents to adhere them. The verse “Sew Nice” was hand written and punched out with the SU small oval punch and mounted on Pretty in Pink cardstock that was punched out with the SU large oval punch.I’m not sure how durable this would be if it were stored in my purse. lol But it definitely is a fun little project.

Enjoy your day & thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this Travel Sewing Kit, it's sew cute! :)

Chantale xo