Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Thank You Cards

I’m almost finished the Thank You cards for my sister who recently had surgery. I am trying to make her about 12 assorted Thank You cards for her to give out to friends/family members who brought in meals for them while she is recuperating. I haven’t told her yet that I’m making these cards for her & thought that I’d surprise her with them.

These first few Magnolia cards were created with the images that I purchased at Scrapfest. I colored them with my Copic Markers and used an old mat pack also. The same mat pack was used on all the Magnolia images. This is one of my favorite mat packs, it’s huge and has such a great selection of pattern papers. I love the Magnolia images and there are so many different ways that you can color these.I added a “Thank You” verse to a couple of the cards that I created previously. The first one is the Stampendous Pansy image that I colored with my Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol. I stamped the “thanks for being you” verse and punched it out using my Stampin Up oval punch and the new Stampin Up Scalloped oval.The butterfly image is one of the free images that I got from Inkadinkado during their gallery promotion where for each card you sent in using one of their images, they sent you a free stamp. (Maximum 3 cards). For this card I also stamped the “thanks for being you” verse and punched it out using my Stampin Up oval punch and the new Stampin Up Scalloped oval. The doodles are all glittered and it is so pretty up close. Since I’m almost done making the Thank You cards, I took a break to play with this new Stampin Up image from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. It’s from the set “Golden Oldies”. I thought that it would be perfect to add to my mother’s cards for her to send out to her friends. I know she’ll love it.I’m still enjoying coloring & playing with my House Mouse images. I’ve been anxious to play with this image and love the little House Mouse “flowers”. For this image I cut the image out & created a flower pot card. I wish I could take credit for the idea but I can't. I saw a card done this way on a blog awhile back. I couldn’t resist this image when I saw it & thought that it would be perfect for spring cards.

Thanks for looking & have a great day!!

No comments: