Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to Class!

With all that I have going on in my life right now, taking a class is the last thing I have time for. But when it comes to Janna Wilson and Valerie Salmon’s Got Sketch classes, I can’t say no! I’ve taken ALL of their Got Sketch classes and when this one came up I knew that I couldn’t miss it.

So in the middle of having my apartment renovated, I’m going to be taking a class. Lol Starting next week my bedroom, the upstairs hallway and the stairway is going to be drywalled & painted. This week I have to move everything downstairs into my livingroom. Fortunately it will only take the guy about 1½ days to drywall the upstairs and the remainder of the first week he’ll be sanding. After he’s done, the painters come in and it will probably take them a day or two to paint upstairs. After the upstairs is done then we can move the stuff out of the livingroom & back upstairs and then they can start painting the kitchen & livingroom. It will probably take a month or so to finish everything and then I can start shopping for new furniture and have it moved in. Right now my livingroom furniture & computer chair consists of lawn chairs.

So since most of the work I have to do is this week (moving everything downstairs), I’m hoping that while the workers are here I’ll be able to squeeze in a layout or two since there won’t be anything else for me to do until they are done. lol

The nice thing about Janna & Val’s classes are that you can work at your own pace and even if you don’t get the sketches done during the class, they are yours to keep. At the end of the class they always give you a set of sketches to go cards to save for future reference. I have all my “sketches to go” on a frame that I altered to hold them. This was a project in one of their earlier classes that I took. (I’ll have to take a picture of it and post it later.)

If you have never taken one of Janna & Val’s classes you should check it out here http://gotcrafts.typepad.com/classes/got-sketch-104.html You WON’T be disappointed!

Hope to see you in class.

No comments: