Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birthday Cards

I made a couple of birthday cards yesterday for Kelly Jo's (One of the Lead Fiskateers) Happy Birthday Fiskars Crop challenge only to realize when I went to post them that I forgot that they had to have circles on them.

The criteria for this challenge was "Create ANY birthday related project (scrapbook page, 2 cards or altered item) with circles somewhere on it. The circles are to tie in Fiskars 360th birthday."

Oh well, guess I'll have to start over again. Here's the cards that I created for this challenge before realizing that they needed to have "circles" on them.

The first card uses a light purple CB Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then used the Stampendous "Agapanthus Cluster". I love this stamp. I colored the stamp with markers & misted it with water and then stamped the image. I also added glitter glue to the center of each flower. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up set "Wow Flowers" punched out with the large oval & then mounted on the new Scalloped Oval punch.The next card I used Close to Cocoa cardstock and some pattern paper from my stash. I stamped the image from the Stampin Up set "Golden Oldies", colored it with Copics & added Glossy Accents to her birthday hat & glasses. I also used my new Fiskars Effervescence Border Punch and ribbon from Walmart.I'll just add these to the stash of cards that I've set aside for my mother. I know that she'll enjoy sending them out.

Oh well, it's back to the drawing board for me. I have to think "circles". That's the problem when you have your PC downstairs & scraproom upstairs, you miss out on the details. I knew I should have taken my challenge list upstairs with me. lol

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm off to an auction sale this morning and then tomorrow it's a birthday party for my 3 year old great niece Dakota. TFL!

No comments: