Monday, June 22, 2009

Got Sketch 104 Sketch 2

Recently I signed up for another Got Sketch online class by Janna Wilson & Valerie Salmon. This one is Got Sketch 104. I have taken all of their classes to date & even though I am in the middle of renovations, I hated the thoughts of missing out on their newest class.

Recently there has been a bit of a snag in my renovation plans. The guy who was doing the drywalling for me can’t start now until the 15th of July. (He was supposed to start 2 weeks ago.) Normally I’m a very patient person when it comes to stuff like this but since my house has been in chaos since the end of May, I really can’t wait another 3 weeks for the renovations to begin. I don’t have any livingroom furniture now as it went out to the dump at the end of May..so did my computer chair. Now I’m sitting on lawn chairs in my livingroom. Fortunately he was able to give me the name of a guy who does drywalling & I am waiting for him to come to give me a price on the job.

I spent 2 days packing up my closet & all my books. The clothes had to come downstairs in garbage bags & then I figured I could put the books in my closet as it won’t be drywalled. With my health issues, all this lifting, folding & packing has been bothering my shoulders & arms.

On Sunday I figured that I needed some “me” time and started in on the sketches from last weeks class. I haven’t scrapped in months and since Kelly Jo (one of the Lead Fiskateers) issued a challenge on the Fiskateers blog I figured it was a good time to start scrapping again.The sketch that this layout is based on is by Janna Wilson. I chose to use these adorable pictures of my 2 year old great nephew Andrew at his cousin Dakota’s 3rd birthday party last weekend. Every time he saw my camera he said cheese…I thought that it was funny as he was eating those cheesies & didn’t want to put the bag down. This sketch is perfect for showing off all the cute pictures I got of him.

This sketch also worked in perfect with Kelly Jo's challenge as I was able to use my Fiskars One Way & Star Squeeze Punches on this layout.

It's not too late to join in all the fun of the Got Sketch 104 class. Just click on my "blinkie" and it will take you there.

Have a great day & thanks for looking!

No comments: