Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Fiskars Crop Challenge

My little great nephew Andrew turned 2 a couple of weeks ago & since I’m behind on my card making & will see him today at his cousin Dakota’s 3rd Birthday party, I thought that I’d create his card and enter it in for Kelly Jo’s (one of the Lead Fiskateers) Birthday Card Crop Challenge. There are lots of circles on this card – scallop circles for all the faces, circles for the eyes & nose on the Sesame St. Characters so it definitely has the criteria for the challenge. (I previously made 2 birthday cards for the challenge & neglected to have circles on them).

Kelly Jo’s Challenge required us to “Create ANY birthday related project (scrapbook page, 2 cards or altered item) with circles somewhere on it. The circles are to tie in Fiskars 360th birthday.”

The first card that I created was CASED from a Sesame Street card that I saw on SCS. (I don’t have the original creators name). I did do some changes on my card such as the eyebrows on Oscar and I added a tag to the bottom of the card. I love being able to take my punches and turn them into a cute card.I’m not sure if this looks like “Hello Kitty” (it’s supposed to be) or “Good bye Kitty” but anyways it’s my second card in Kelly Jo’s Birthday Card Crop Challenge. This time I remembered the circles. Another cute punch card that I CASED from SCS. Again I do not have the original creators name.I managed to get my challenge cards posted and headed off to my great niece Dakota’s 3rd birthday. What a great day! Family, friends, sunshine, warm weather, an outdoor pool & park and lots of room for the young ones to run around & play. I got lots of great pictures to scrap too!

I also got to see my two new great nephew’s Gavin (born May 2nd) and his cousin Dallas born six weeks later on June 8th. (Little Dallas was only 6 days old and at his big sister’s birthday. Mind you he slept through the whole party.) I also gave my sister the “Thank You” cards that I made for her & she loved them.

I just have to share a picture of my two new adorable great nephews. I love all of my great nephews & nieces and am so blessed to be able to share in their lives.

This first picture is Gavin who was born on May 2nd.Now for a peek at little Dallas who was born June 8th and is only 6 days old in this picture.Can you tell that they are cousins? Hopefully being only 6 weeks apart in age these two will grow up to be great friends. I'm sure that the two of them are going to keep us busy running after them.

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

No comments: