Monday, September 13, 2010

Fiskateer Online Crop September 10th & 11th

Not only did I participate in this past weekends Fiskateers Orange Blog Hop, I also took time to participate in the Online Crop hosted by Rebecca. As always, Rebecca put together an awesome online crop. She had 15 fun challenges for us to do. Unfortunately I didn’t get all of the challenges done as I was worn out from all the blog hopping I did too. lol Surprising enough, I did manage to do 12 of the 15 challenges.

Challenge #1 - Let's get warmed up!
For this challenge we were to create a card, a scrapbook page or a tag using a Fiskars tool. Post a pic in your gallery along with a description that tells us why you chose that tool!I chose my favorite Fiskars Border Punch “Threading Waters” to use on this card. I like the simplicity of this punch as well as the touch of elegance. You can't really see in the photo but her wings & the little hearts are covered in Dazzling Diamonds & boy do the glitter.

Challenge #2 - Git 'er done for the Holidays!
For this challenge we were to pick one of the upcoming holidays - Halloween (I know it's technically not a holiday), Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Make three or more cards for that holiday!I ended up picking both Halloween & Christmas and did 2 cards for each occasion. I used my CC Design stamps for both cards.

Challenge #3, 4 & 11 I didn’t have time to do.


Challenge #5, 6, 7, 10 & 12 did not require you to make anything. You just followed the instructions on the post to enter the draw.


Challenge #8 Turquoise & Brown
This challenge was to make a scrapbook page, a home decor item or a card using the colors turquoise and brown.I used my Magnolia stamp & made a card. I just love this color combo.

Challenge #9 Do you have a theme song? Craft it!
Do you have a song that you consider your own? Or is there one that you could listen to over and over and over again? Why not craft it? Make a scrapbook page about it, make a card that relates to it somehow, or even create a home decor piece that is somehow tied to the song.Here's the side view of the basket:I really don’t have a “theme” song but as I was making this Witch Hat Basket, the song Witchy Woman kept going through my head. I figured it would be perfect for this basket & challenge. lol

Challenge #13 UFP Completion!
Since the last one seemed to spark a lot of folks to get things done, I'm rolling out another UFP challenge! For those of you that don't know, a UFP is an UnFinished Project. You know, those projects that have been laying around half-done for weeks, months, even years maybe! Take a picture of your project in its unfinished state and post it in your gallery by 9/11/10 at 11 pm EDT. Then, you will have until 9/30/10 at 10 pm EDT to post a picture of the finished project in your gallery.I have so many UFP’s that need to be done but this one is one that caught my attention. I’ve been meaning to do this one since I cut the tree out some time ago. Now that it’s posted here I hope to finish it. I’ll have to dig out some more UFP’s for another time. You'll have to come back to see the finished layout now.

Challenge #14 - Get Scrap Happy
Use your scraps to create a card, layout or altered item!This one was pretty easy. I used my scraps from Challenge #2 and made another Halloween card.

Challenge #15 Me and My....(fill in the blank)
Show some Fiskars love! Post a picture of you and your very favorite Fiskars tool in your gallery.This was an easy one with the exception of my not having just one favorite Fiskars tool, I have several favorite Fiskars tools. See my new Fiskars “In Stitches” Border Punch…I won it during the July Online Crop.

This was definately a crafty weekend for me. I think I finally have my Mojo back. I'll be posting the winner to my blog RAK later today I hope.

Thanks for looking & have a great day!

2 comments:

BethW said...

Wow-you did them all. I am so impressed-and you did them so very well too. Rock on girl!

Lisa's Scrap Site said...

YOU GOT IT DONE,HAVE TO FOLLOW YOU,I THINK I CAN LEARN ALOT FROM YOU,VERY CREATIVE.