I signed up for Karel’s Pink Blog Hop as Breast Cancer Awareness is a subject very near to my heart. My older sister is a 3 times Breast Cancer Survivor. Over the years she has had some difficult times with the diagnosis especially when she was in her late 20’s when she was first diagnosed. She had 20 years of being cancer free only to have it come back a year ago. She went through a very difficult time with the last surgery and is still recuperating. I am doing this blog hop for her as a way of letting her know how thankful I am that she is now cancer free & to have her in my life as well as those who are battling this horrible disease.
Welcome to Karel’s Pink Blog Hop. If you arrived here from Gina’s Stamping Creations -- http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/, you are in the right location. If not you can pick up where you should be or left off from the following list of talented blog participants.
1. One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity – http://karelj.blogspot.com
2. Gina’s Stamping Creations -- http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/
3. Crafting This Moment -- http://craftingthismoment.blogspot.com/ (YOU ARE HERE)
4. The Cricut Diaries – http://cricutdiaries.blogspot.com
5. Sweet Sassy Diva -- http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com/
6. Scrappin’ Sista -- http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
7. If It’s Groovy -- http://ifitsgroovy.blogspot.com
8. Oh, Snap! -- http://ohsnaplizzie.blogspot.com/
9. Crazy About Cricut – http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com
10. Gen’s Den -- http://www.gensden.com/
11. Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs -- http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com/
12. Heartfelt Creations --http://heartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com
13. Creations With Becka – http://creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
14. Calie’s Creative Corner – http://caliescreativecorner.blogspot.com
15. Tidbit’s Place – http://tidbitsplace.blogspot.com
16. Gypsy Paperie -- http://gypsypaperie.blogspot.com
17. Life From Marianne’s Table – http://number1aunt.blogspot.com
18. The Suburban Crafter-- http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/
Special Giveaway Instructions - To win the $25 gift certificate that Sarah at Pink by Design Store so graciously donated, all you have to do is complete the hop and leave a comment on every blog. On Tuesday, utilizing random.org, a blog number, and then a comment number for that blog will be chosen. The winner will be notified by a posting on One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity, by a posting on Karel's Facebook and Twitter Accounts, and every effort will be made to personally contact the winner. Be sure to also check out Sarah's store.
When my sister Donna was diagnosed with cancer a year ago, I found this cancer stamp set and had to buy it. I knew it would be perfect for creating cards of encouragement both for her and others fighting this horrible disease. I sent her a card back then using this stamp set and will again give her one as a celebration for being a survivor.My next project idea is something I’ve had for sitting around for a few years and thought that it’d be perfect for this Pink challenge. A few years ago I found these adorable boxes at our local dollar store. I bought them & they’ve been sitting around all this time waiting for me to put them together. The boxes are all made of a sturdy chipboard and the package came with 4 different box styles with instructions, ribbon, tags & clear buttons to decorate them. All you had to do was punch out the box shapes, fold on the score lines & add some sticky tape in places. So easy, yet so nice! Wouldn’t these be adorable filled with chocolates or something sweet and give to someone fighting cancer?The next stop on your blog hop is The Cricut Diaries – http://cricutdiaries.blogspot.com. Your going to love what she has to share. Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the blog hop.