Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fiskateer’s Gift Making Extravaganza

The Fiskateer’s Gift Making Extravaganza was in full swing this past weekend on the message board. Tami who is one of the Lead Fiskateers had posted 15+ challenges on the Fiskateer message board to inspire you to create some awesome gifts or even to get some ideas for gifts that you can give.

Challenge #1 is to create a Gift Card Holder – Tami also posted a great video tutorial showing you how to make one. I decided to go a different route & created two different gift card holders. The first one shown is a stocking gift cardholder. The top part is a flap that lifts up & under it you place the gift card. Then next one I made is a Santa Hat. In the bottom part of the hat there is an opening to put the gift card. (The gift card can be seen from the back of the holder). These were both fun, easy projects to make. I added some glitter to both of them as I felt that they needed some bling. The holly was cut with my new Sizzix die.

I wish that I could take credit for these cute gift card holders but unfortunately neither is my idea. I found both of them while surfing the net & thought that they were so cute. I did change the papers & embellishments on both.

Here is a picture of the Santa Hat Gift Card Holder:The next picture shows the outside of the stocking.This picture shows you the inside of the stocking where the gift card is stored.Challenge #2 was a 2 part challenge. The first part was to change your profile so that your Fiskateer number was displayed as your profile picture or in your signature (or both). This was an easy challenge. The second part was to create something to show off your number and unfortunately I didn’t get that part of the challenge done.

Challenge #3 was to post your favorite recipe & part two of the challenge was to do a gift wrapping for it. Unfortunately I only had time to post my favorite recipe.

Another challenge that I was able to finish was Challenge #5 Cards and Tags. I created 2 quick & easy Christmas cards that involved no stamping. That’s a rare one for me as 99% of my cards are stamped.Here's what I came up with: Next for Challenge #9 - Wrap it Up you had to come up with a creative way to wrap up a gift. I decided to do an envelope bag. Here’s mine:Challenge #12 - Deck the Halls was to create some type of holiday decoration for your home or as a hostess gift during the season. I created a triangle gift box that can be hung on your tree & then removed for easy gift giving. Here’s mine:I’ve jumped around on some of the challenges because of the deadlines. The next challenge that I did was Challenge #15 where we had to post our favorite Christmas movie & then make something that uses the colors or theme from the movie.

I have a difficult time picking just one movie. My favorite Christmas movie has to be Christmas Vacation. I just love it when Clark (Chevy Chase) is locked up in the attic watching old home movies. I also enjoy Prancer & of course it always makes me cry. Another good Christmas movie is The Night They Saved Christmas (with Art Carney & Jaclyn Smith). It’s a really good movie in my opinion & makes you really believe that there is a Santa. Then of course there is The Santa Clause with Tim Allen.

I decided to make ATC’s using the theme from these great Christmas movies. I did these up pretty quick as the deadline was approaching & I also had to watch Dancing with the Stars. lol Here’s what I did:Well that's it for now. I think I'll check the list and see what challenges are due today. Hopefully I can find some time & effort to be creative today. Thanks for looking & have a great day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you have been busy!!All of your gift card holders look amazing!!! TFS!!

OhioDanielle said...

Oh, what crafty goodness! My favorites are the ones from Challenges #5 & #12. I found your blog on the Fiskateers message board and now following :)