Welcome to the December Calendar Blog Hop!
This month I’ve decided once again to join Karel at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity in another Blog Hop. This time around we are doing a Calendar Blog Hop from December 28 through 30. We have more than 12 bloggers, each with a gorgeous 12X12 Double Calendar Layout for you to re-create for your very own 2011 Calendar...just in the nick of time.
A bunch of wonderfully talented ladies have gotten together and we're each making a 12X12 double calendar layouts--at least one for every month of 2011. Every blogger will design a two page layout for a 2011 calendar. The first page will be a cute layout, to include the month and some mats for pictures. The second page will be the days and weeks, with cute embellishments for special days. Each blogger will post her (his?) creation for the hop---along with the detailed how-tos of making it. Every person who participates will then have all the instructions for making the entire year's calendar just as they need it!
*The Blog Candy for this hop is the fantastic Designer's Calendar Cricut Cartridge, donated by our own hostess, KarelJ. You need to leave some love, in the form of a comment, on Each and Every Blog along the way. Make sure you leave a way to contact you in each comment. On the 31st, KarelJ will use random.org to generate a blog number and then a comment number from that blog. She will announce the winner on her blog, and contact them by whatever means they left for this.*
1. January and April: Celeste at Touched by a Butterfly at http://touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com/
2. January and September: Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper http://www.overjoyedscrapper.blogspot.com/
3. February: Christel at Scrappin' Sista http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com/
4. February and March: Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com/
5. March and July: Diane at Crafting This Moment (You are here!) http://www.craftingthismoment.blogspot.com/
6. April: Bonnie at A Scrap Above http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com/
7. May: Michelle at Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com/
8. May: Natalie at Timeless Legacy Designs http://timelesslegacydesigns.blogspot.com/
9. June: Lisa at Lisa's Paper Butterflies http://lisaspaperbutterflies.blogspot.com/
10. June: Jamie at Glitter, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! http://jamieisacraftymomma.blogspot.com/
11. July: Summer and Jennifer at Cricut Diaries http://cricutdiaries.blogspot.com/
12. August: Denise at Starlight Scrapper http://starlightscrapper.blogspot.com/
13. August: Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/
14. September: Deb at If It's Groovy http://ifitsgroovy.blogspot.com/
15. October: Rebecca at Creations with Becka http://www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com/
16 . October: Lora at Notes From The Scrapbook Lady http://scrpbooklady.blogspot.com/
17. November: Belinda at Queen Bee's Musings http://www.queenbeesmusings.blogspot.com/
18. November and December: Col at Col's Creative Corner at http://www.scrappycol.blogspot.com/
19. December: Deb at Tidbit's Place http://tidbitsplace.blogspot.com/
When it came to creating my calendar pages I’ve had to change them up a bit because of some unseen events that kept me from having the energy to scrap. Therefore instead of doing 2 two page calendar layouts I was only able to create 2 one page layouts. I’ve managed to create these layouts with a place for your calendar, journaling as well as included photos and have the page not be cluttered.
I am so far behind on my calendar pages that this blog hop gave me motivation to work towards getting caught up. Now that my son is 24, it’s hard to get the photos & events to scrap with him in them. I find calendar pages are perfect for keeping up with our lives on a month to month basis.
I keep a purse sized calendar on the go at all times as well as a wall calendar to keep track of important events, birthdays, etc. By doing this I am able to take the information from them & create calendar layouts. Right now I am working on the year 2005. It’s scary to think that I am that far behind on my calendar layouts.
I chose the month of March & July for my months to do. For my layout I chose a background paper in green keeping with the color for St. Patrick’s Day. I also matted my calendar in green & made a little booklet on the left hand bottom corner to do my journaling in. The photo’s I printed off & fit them in little slides that I made. I then added the month & a couple of Shamrocks to finish off the page.
I really like how they’ve turned out & how I’m still able to include pictures & journaling all on one page. I’ve covered the calendars for the pictures as to protect the names, etc on them.
I hope you’ve enjoyed another option of creating calendar pages without having to do two page layouts. These are fun pages & a great way to showcase those special events in your life.
Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of the blog hop. The complete list is above and if a blogger did 2 calendar layouts both can be seen at the same post. Enjoy!
Editted to add: I've had a lot of comments about my "firecrackers". I bought a die cut a long time ago of a firecracker & saved it. I used it to trace my firecrackers & cut them out by hand.