Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First Snowfall

Well we’ve managed to be lucky enough to avoid snow up until Sunday, December 5th. My son had called me from London around 4 pm asking if we had any snow here. At the time we had no snow & it had been a perfect day. He said that he was stuck in London (Ontario) & that they were having a big snowstorm. He’d been out earlier to check the road conditions before deciding whether to head home & said that they were really slippery. He’d slid through one of the intersections. I told him to stay where he was as at least he was warm & safe. He wasn’t overly thrilled as being warm & safe also meant that he wouldn’t be able to make it into work on Monday.

I took a drive uptown around 5:30 pm on Sunday to get some bread figuring that if we were going to have a snowstorm, I didn’t want to run out of bread. It was just starting to snow here. By 8 pm the ground was covered & we had about 2 or 3 inches of snow. It was still snowing yesterday morning & we were still under a snow squall warning. Thank goodness my son was able to drive home from London yesterday. I guess he thought that he'd get out while the going was good. They certainly had a lot of snow dumped on them.

Once again today we have a Snow Squall Watch in Effect. I’m so glad that I don’t have to leave the house. I do worry about my son driving into work but fortunately he only has about 15 miles to drive & they do tend to keep the main roads pretty clean. At least tomorrow the weather is looking better & they aren't calling for snow. Stay safe & warm!

No comments: