Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vampire Academy comes to an end

Lately I am hooked on vampires or at least it seems that way. Anymore the series that I seem to be hooked on are all about vampires. I read the Twilight series and although I enjoyed it, I must admit that I like The House of Night series by P.C. & Kristin Cast just as much. I also love the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Meade.

Just before Christmas I picked up the last book in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Meade called “Last Sacrifice”. (I had previously borrowed volumes 1-5 in the series from my local library). Although this series is intended for Young Adults, I really enjoyed it. I think I almost liked it better than the Twilight series. After I started reading volume 6, I decided that I wanted to have the series for myself & bought the boxed set of 4 books, as well as volume 5 from Amazon.ca. This is definitely a series that I will read again.
Sadly volume 6, “Last Sacrifice” is the end of the series and from what I’ve read on line Richelle has a new 6 volume series that she is working on. I always hate when a series ends, you get so wrapped up in the characters that you miss them when it comes to an end. I’m so excited that Richelle is starting a new series Bloodlines that will carry over some of the characters from the Vampire Academy. I’m not sure which characters are coming back in this new series other than Sidney (the Alchemist) but I do know that I’ll be one of the first in line to buy it when it’s released this summer (August 2011).

You can visit the Vampire Academy series site here:
http://us.penguingroup.com/static/packages/us/yreaders/vampireacademy/index.html

Don't be sad that Vampire Academy is over! The spin-off series, Bloodlines, is coming in August 2011.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE the Vampire Academy! I am picking up the last book in the series next week! I am sad it is ending too! But I am glad to hear another series is on the way!!