Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter Storm Update

Well, our winter storm didn’t turn out to be as bad as predicted. By the time my son got up for work the roads looked pretty good. It didn’t take him long to clear off his car & get out of the laneway (without shoveling I might add). He called me when he got to work & said that the roads were pretty good. (He has a 10 mile commute). It started snowing again later in the morning & it was pretty heavy at times. I felt sorry for my nephew when he came to shovel the snow as it was pretty heavy & there was a lot of it. Fortunately for him our neighbor had already gone by with his snow blower & did the front walkway. That alone saved him a lot of work as we live on a corner lot & own almost half the block. That’s a lot of walk way to have to shovel. Another neighbor came by last night & shoveled to my front door for me last night. I am so blessed to have neighbors who take care of the winter shoveling for us without wanting anything in return.

No comments: