Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ooops, I Did It Again

I do this every time it’s Daylight Savings Time. I go to bed at night knowing that I should change my clocks ahead (or back) but never do. Then of course by the time morning comes, I’ve forgotten all about the time change.

Last night I went to bed a lot later than I normally do & finally shut my light off around 12:45 a.m. (actually 1:45 a.m. with the time change). Then of course I get up at my usual wake up time of 3 a.m., not realizing it was actually 4 a.m since we lost an hours sleep with the clocks going ahead. Since my pc clock automatically changes with the Daylight Savings Time it took me awhile to clue in. It wasn’t until the sun came up that I realized I was supposed to change the clocks ahead.

I have Fibromyalgia as well as Rheumatoid Arthritis. Part of my fibromyalgia is a sleep disorder. I can fall asleep no problem, I just can’t stay asleep. This past year it has gotten worse and I’m now starting to wake up between 2 – 4 am to start my day. It doesn’t matter if I go to bed after midnight, I’m still waking up at 3 or 4 am. I know that the arthritis doesn’t help as most nights now it’s the pain that wakes me up. I’m in the process now of having pre-op testing done & will be having knee replacement surgery in the next few months. I plan on having both knees replaced this year but will do them a few months apart as long as my surgeon agrees. I don’t think I’m up to doing both knees at the same time. I’ve had a long battle with this knee pain and finding a surgeon who’d operate. Because of my age the surgeon’s have wanted to put it off until I’m around 60 yrs old. This new surgeon finally gets that my quality of life sucks because of the pain I’m in and my limited ability to walk. I don’t even like going shopping anymore unless it’s online. That so isn’t me…lol Anyways, enough of that subject. I’ll keep my blog updated as to when I’m having the knee replacement surgery.

So now since I only had 2 hours sleep, I will be dragging my rear end all day today. Arghh!!

No comments: