Friday, October 7, 2011

More Cards for My Sister

I’m trying to complete the Thank You cards that I promised to make for my sister. I hope to make at least 12 cards to give to her. So far I’ve posted 2 of the cards that I’ve made for her. I finished a few more yesterday and thought that I’d post them as well.

The first card I made uses a Magnolia image. I added 4 of my Paper Roses that I made in blue. I also added some Stickles to them to make them sparkle. They are so pretty & I love the sparkle. I used my Fiskars “Threading Waters” Border Punch, the SU Decorative Label Punch, SU Small Oval Punch & the EK Success Swirl Punch. I also used the SU “Four Frames” stamp set as well as the SU “Lots of Thoughts” Sale-a-Bration stamp set (discontinued) for the verse. The ribbon is also from Stampin Up. The designer paper is from MME “Tickled Pink” paper pad.
The next card uses the tree stamp from Stampin Up “Season of Friendship”. I stamped it in Soft Suede ink & cut it out. I then punched out the various Maple Leaves using an EK Success Maple Leaf punch. I added stickles to the edges of the leaves & popped them up using dimensionals. The verse is also from the Season of Friendship stamp set. The “thanks so much” verse was from the SU “Tiny Tags” stamp set and punched out with the SU “Jewelry Tag” punch. I added the gemstones using my new Imaginesce I-Rock. I’ve had it for several months and this is actually the first time I’ve used it & I love it!
I made another card using the tree stamp from Stampin Up “Season of Friendship”. I stamped it in Soft Suede ink & cut it out. I then stamped the various butterflies from my new Fiskars Butterfly stamp set that I won in the Liftoff Challenge. It was the smallest butterfly in the set. I then cut it out & applied Stickles to each butterfly. The verse & leaves were from the Season of Friendship set. The leaves were stamped in Soft Suede ink & cut it out. (Talk about a lot of cutting on this card). The “thanks so much” verse was from the SU “Tiny Tags” stamp set and punched out with the SU “Jewelry Tag” punch. The ribbon is from Stampin Up. I also added the gemstones using my new Imaginesce I-Rock.
The final card I made yesterday uses a Stampin Up set that I’ve had for some time now. A Hostess Level 3 set called “Time Well Spent”. I stamped the flower, cut it out & popped it up using dimensionals. I also used my I-Rock to add the gemstones again. I also used my Fiskars “Leave it to Weaver” Border Punch & the “Scalloped Daisy” Embossing Border Punch. I think I’ll add a Thank You verse inside this card & then I can add it to the collection I’m giving my sister.
Well so far I have completed 6 cards for my sister so it looks like I’ve better get busy if I plan on finishing her cards.

Enjoy your day & thanks for stopping by.

No comments: