Friday, May 15, 2009

I Found My Mojo!!

It’s funny how things change from one day to the next. I tried on Wednesday to make a few cards and for some reason I couldn’t create a card if my life depended on it. Yesterday I went upstairs and used the same images and managed to create 4 cards.

These first two cards are using the Stampin Up set “Just Buzzin By”. The bees are covered in glitter and really pop. I used a designer paper from an old mat pack that I have. I also used 3 different SU punches.The next card I made is my first Magnolia card. I used some pattern paper from the same mat pack that I used on the Just Buzzin By card as well as some SU ribbon and the MS Valentine border punch. I also used the new SU scallop oval punch and an Inkadinkado sentiment.
Recently my sister had some extensive surgery and now has a 6 week recovery. After being released from the hospital, her 2 daughters had arranged for some family & friends to bring in meals for a couple of weeks. On Wednesday their last meal was brought in. Since I don’t live close, my mother & I took one meal in for them (as well as goodies) and then I also gave her some money so that they could order in a meal also. Anyways, I thought that it would be a nice idea to make up some Thank You cards for her as a gift that she can send out to those that helped them by bringing in meals. This first Magnolia card is one of those “Thank You” cards.

The last card I did is for the House Mouse challenge #37 “Moving”. I recently bought this new House Mouse image and thought that it would be perfect for this challenge. This is my first HM challenge. You can see this card in my next post.

Have a great day! Thanks for looking!

No comments: