Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother’s Day & Shoe Shopping

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day. Mine was perfect! DS treated me to supper as well as gave me a beautiful card & a prezzie.

Since Mother’s Day was spent with my DS, I had told my mother that I’d take her out shoe shopping (she has been wanting to get out to buy new shoes for awhile now) and lunch yesterday.

The day started out by me giving mom her “card”. I had found this adorable tutorial on SCS on how to make this flowerpot and decided that it was the perfect “card” for my mother. It was pretty easy to make and I love how it turned out. Mom isn’t big on candy but does like mints so I filled it with mints for her. I used all Stampin Up cardstock and my new Sizzix Daisy Die.

Mom wanted to go to a shoe store wear they size your feet & wait on you. I guess she wanted to be treated like “Cinderella”. None of this serve yourself for mom. lol

We left town around 10 am & went in to the nearby city to see if we could find some shoes for mom. Our first stop was Winners and surprising enough we found her a nice pair of Naturalizers walking shoes that fit her perfectly. I surprised her & bought them for her as her Mother’s Day present. After that we got back in the van & drove further down the mall parking lot (it was too far for her & I to walk) so that we were closer to the Naturalizer store entrance. In the Naturalizers store, she managed to find 2 pairs of shoes that she liked. One was a nice lightweight summer shoe and the other one that she could wear with dresses. She ended up buying both pairs and was given a great deal by the sales clerk. I was actually surprised at how quickly she managed to find 3 pairs of shoes that she loved. So in a little more than 2 hrs we were done our shoe shopping & had 3 new pairs to take home.

After our shoe shopping I took mom to Kings Restaurant for their awesome Chinese smorgasbord. The food is fantastic and they have everything to choose from.

We made a couple of other stops after lunch and were back home by 5 pm. It was a very enjoyable day and I’m so glad that mom found what she wanted and is thrilled with her purchases.

Here's a photo of the Flowerpot Basket that I made for her. (Front view)
Side viewThanks for looking & have a great day!

No comments: