Friday, May 29, 2009

Rebecca’s “I’m in the Mood” Challenge

Recently Rebecca (one of the Lead Fiskateers) posted “I’m in the Mood” for a little challenge! I am such a slacker when it comes to birthday cards, but I need to get myself in gear! I'm going to make five birthday cards to have on hand just in case. Who wants to join me?

The rules were to make five birthday cards-they can be different or all the same, but they must be new for this challenge. Use one of your favorite Fiskars tools to make them. Post a picture in your Fiskateer gallery and leave a link on her blog post by 5 pm EST on Thursday, May 28th.

No sweat…yeah right. I always seem to leave my Birthday cards until the last minute. I have had so many family birthday’s this month and am behind on them all. I figured that I’d squeeze in some birthday cards

The first two cards that I made for Rebecca’s challenge were using this adorable dog & birthday cake stamp by Penny Black. I kept this one quite simple and figure that it would make a perfect masculine card. The next card is for my Great Niece Dakota who loves Dora and is celebrating her 3rd birthday next month. I found a Dora coloring page image online and downloaded it. I colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol. I used some sparkly pattern paper from a DCWV mat pack as well as some Dollarama ribbon, a foam letter from Dollarama and a Stampin Up sentiment. Dora is popped up with Dimensionals.The last card I did for the challenge is also one for the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. I made 2 cards & I chose to use the “Dreaming of Jelly Beans” image for this weeks challenge. I colored the image with my Copic Markers & used my Nestabilities. I also used my new Fiskars Effervescense Border Punch, pattern paper from an old mat pack & ribbon from Dollarama.For the tool requirement in this challenge, I used my Fiskar cutter and scissors on all the cards & new Effervescense border punch on the House Mouse cards.

Thanks for looking & have a great day!

No comments: