Saturday, January 31, 2009

Altered Family Canvas

Recently while blog hopping I came across an altered canvas that inspired me. The altered canvas that I saw was turned into a Countdown Calendar for Valentine’s Day. Seeing this canvas inspired me to create one but instead of a Valentine’s Day Canvas, I decided to do one but to change it to a Family Collage.

I used scraps of Basic Grey from another project that I’ve recently completed and punched them out using my 1 ¾” square punch. After punching out all the squares, I lined them up and modge podged them to the canvas. Once this was dry, I added photos of my family members that I punched out using my 1 3/8” square punch. The title was done with my Big Kick using my sizzlets alphabet – Limelight. After that it was just a matter of adding embellishments to finish it off.

I love how it turned out. This was a pretty easy project that came together pretty quickly. (For privacy reasons I've blackened out some of the faces of family members).

1 comment:

Bonnie Weiss said...

This is such a unique way to create a family keepsake...it's so beautiful.