Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Weekend Organization


I spent a lot of time over the weekend trying to organize and clean up my studio. I have a real small room upstairs that used to be my son’s bedroom until he decided to move into the basement. The room measures about 8x9 which, is definitely a small space. One of the long walls has a window and one of the short walls has 2 doors. The closet isn’t really very big and isn’t really usable for craft storage as there are only 2 closets in this place. Trying to organize this space is so difficult. Sometimes I think I spend more time organizing than I actually do crafting.

In the summertime I converted one of the wire cube racks into paper storage. I used the plastic ties to make the shelves and love how it turned out. Originally I had planned on using it to store my kits that I’ve been accumulating but then I changed my mind. This past week I started cutting up pizza boxes and labeling them to use as pull out drawers. I also keep my Stampin Up Designer Papers and cardstock as well as the Cloud 9 and Heidi Grace papers on this shelf. I also have a “drawer” for my SU Ink Refills & Wheels. I love this idea as I know right where everything is when I need it.

No comments: