Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I’m Finally Finished!

With Easter quickly approaching, I am finally finished making Easter Cards for my mother. To put it mildly, I’m all “Eastered” out. lol I offered to make Easter Cards for my mother this year and had to come up with designs for 16 cards. I also tried to keep them fairly simple to help her save on postage.

As much as I love all the ribbon, embellishments & layers on cards, it does get expensive to mail them. A regular card without all the embellishments (it has to fit through the “mail slot”) costs 54 cents to mail….start adding ribbon & embellishments and that price more than doubles to $1.24. So if you have 16+ cards to mail out, that can get pretty pricey.

These first two cards were made with a free image that I found online. I love this cute little bunny image. You'd never know that it was a digital image and not a stamp. It's just too cute! I colored him with my Copic Markers and added some glitter to his ears and tummy. On both of these cards I used some Easter Tissue Paper that I’ve had for some time as the background.For this next card, I used the Digital Image Bunny again but this time I used some DCWV background paper that I have. I love this glitter paper, it is so pretty and the colors are perfect for Spring cards. Once again, I also colored the bunny with my Copic Markers and added glitter to his ears and tummy.I decided to do up another Happy Hopper card. This image is called “Hoppy Dreams”. This time I colored the image with my Copic Markers, matted it and popped it up on dimensionals then added a Cuttlebug Background. It’s still pretty flat and should easily go through the “mail slot” to save mom some money on postage.The last card that I made for her was a House Mouse image called “Mudpie Holds Jellybeans”. It’s such a cute little stamp. Once again I colored the image with my Copic Markers, I added Glossy Accents to his nose & the eggs, mounted it and placed it on a Cuttlebug and SU DSP card front. I did two of these cards for her.I managed to do 7 cards for mom on Sunday as well as adding inserts with verses to them all. I also gave her all 16 cards that I made on Sunday night. Now all she has to do is to sign her name, address them and pop them in the mail. Next I have to create a few Easter Cards for myself to give out. That should be fun! lol

Since I always get an Easter Card from my mother, I wonder if I’ll get one of these one’s? lol

Enjoy your day & thanks for looking!

No comments: